Registration is OPEN for all 5 locations:
2024 Summer Camps:
Liberty Middle School
Arlington Heights, IL
John Hersey High School
Avon High School
Monticello High School
NEW in 2024:
Ames High School
Don't See A Camp Near You?
Show Choir Camp Overview:
Campers learn songs and dances to be performed at the end of a fun filled week. Professional music educators and choreographers emphasize stage presence, vocal technique, basic to challenging choreography and team building. SHOWSTOPPERS promotes and encourages positive self image, confidence, meeting new friends and creating an expressive and HIGH ENERGY performance! SHOWSTOPPERS gives participants the opportunity to sing, dance and perform onstage with professional lights and sound. All performers receive a camp t-shirt.
Performing Arts Workshop Overview:
Each day is something new for these campers. Past workshops have included classes in: musical theatre singing & dancing, drama games, short acting scenes, audition prep, microphone technique, public speaking in front of an audience, "Dancing Like the Stars", "Broadway Bound", "Rock Star Boot Camp" and MORE! SHOWSTOPPERS promotes and encourages positive self image, confidence, meeting new friends, being expressive and shining bright in all that you do. All performers receive a camp t-shirt.
- Instructor/counselor lead physical warm ups
- Director led vocal warm ups
- Vocal workshops directed by professional music educators
- Vocal solos and dance feature opportunities
- Choreography by a professional choreographer
- Stage rehearsal with professional stage lights and sound
- Interact with new friends from a variety of schools in the local community
- Team building activities with participants and staff
- Snack/water/restroom breaks
Adv. Dance Ensemble:
The Advanced Dance Ensemble is offered to current 5th-8th grade performers looking for an extra challenge and performance. This special group has performed a variety of genres in the past including hip-hop, musical theatre, swing, etc. This group eats lunch together and rehearses for additional time. No experience necessary! All abilities welcome!
- Jennifer Toney, Camp Director